Tuesday 21 August 2012

Nov 3, 2008, Multiply, Pumpkin soup




PUMPKIN SOUP


I don’t usually write about cooking or recipes, mostly because if I cook I tend to make it up as I go along and not worry too much about the amounts. With soup I just chuck every thing in a pot and cook it. Not very scientific maybe but it generally works. BUT………………my pumpkin soup turned out very well and I have never made pumpkin soup before. I did it this time to use up the pumpkin I took out of the Halloween pumpkin head.  So here it is…………………..
I whole pumpkin chopped up
About 5-6  carrots
About 3-4 sticks celery
Sweet potato
One or two red onions
2 cloves garlic
1 small chilli
2 veg stock cubes
Dried or fresh chives
Small piece root ginger
Freshly ground black pepper
Ground sea salt or rock salt (not too much)

Simplicity itself, chop it all up, put it in a big pan and cook. Once all the veg was cooked through I blended it but you could eat it as a ‘chunky’ soup if you prefer. It was delicious, the chilli and ginger gave it a bit of a kick, very warming on these cold wintry days.

6 Comments
Add a Comment
   

djdx wrote on Nov 21, '08
I missed some interesting blogs while I was away. It's always good to have ideas for using squash, they can be rather large. I remember reading a recipe for soup with pumpkin, apples, onion and curry. I threw one together and it was very good.

tumbelweed wrote on Nov 4, '08
I will each pumpkin in pie and pumpkin cookies, I have never tried pumpkin soup!

veroniquemariquita wrote on Nov 3, '08
I've never had pumpkin soup but several of my friends keep coaxing me to try it, so I guess I should do that some time in the near future. Your recipe sounds good. I, too , tend to cook by trial and error, tossing in whatever seems to work.

seanymph3 wrote on Nov 3, '08
Sounds interesting. :)

kathyinozarks wrote on Nov 3, '08
thank you Loretta, this looks really good too.

brendainmad wrote on Nov 3, '08
Sounds delicious. I love pumpkin soup. I'm going to have some potato soup today. Like you, I just throw everything together, especially when making soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment