Tuesday 21 August 2012

Nov 23, 2008, Multiply, First Snowfall in the garden



My determination to have all the autumn planting finished last week because of forecast snow and ground frost has paid off. I am so glad I made that extra effort last week in the school and got the kids out there planting our hedgerow and our bluebell bulbs.
Saturday, a small amount of snow.

The forecast was spot on, exactly as predicted, we had the first flutter of snowflakes on Saturday and a slightly heavier fall today.
Sunday, the snow begins to lie.

Tonight as I'm about to go to bed it is snowing again and the last time I looked it was laying and looking rather pretty, cold but attractive.
A few smowflakes became a fluffy
And then it really started to lie, but despite the snow, I managed to make my way to my composter with the potato peelings.

5 Comments
Add a Comment
   

kvnwheeler wrote on Nov 25, '08
While other parts of the country were having snow, here in Cumbria it was absolutely pouring down, not now though, its bloody freezing instead.

brendainmad wrote on Nov 24, '08
Well, we don't often get to see snow.

starfishred wrote on Nov 23, '08
very nice pics it snowed here to but unfortunatly right now it is raining.

veryfrank wrote on Nov 23, '08
The pictures are nice, but I would be a very happy man if the only snow that I ever see again is in other people's pictures.

bennett1 wrote on Nov 23, '08
It is interesting that you are further north than I am (I am just south of the 45th parallel), your days are shorter this time of year, but the temps are milder. We would not really call this snow because you can see more green than white. (Also your footprints hehe). Anyway, I find it interesting. I can look out my back window and see no grass at all. But it is still light at 5:00 pm. Our daytime temps have been 25F/-3C. Brrrrrrr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment