Wednesday 22 August 2012

March 2 2011, garden no 2





Garden 2011, no 2, Fruit

I planned on spending quite a bit of time in the garden yesterday. The plan was, do ‘stuff’ that always needs doing at weekends in the morning, head down the town and buy a few bits, then home and spend the bulk of the day in the garden. You know what they say about plans…………..
By the time I actually finished my chores and managed to get out into the garden most of the day was done. It’s defiantly spring, but living on the Northern hemisphere, we are still plunged into darkness at about 6.30 every evening which makes the day very short. As soon had I got out there and opened up the shed,  one by one my neighbours  appeared, all  wanting a little conversation which began with something like……………’is that you starting in the garden again?’ It’s lovely they show such an interest and they want to chat…………..but as the light faded my frustration rose.

I achieved very little, I planted a cherry tree that I came across in the supermarket that morning, I assembled and filled a strawberry tub ( the assembly bit was quite hard) and I was about to plant a few fruit canes that I bought when the light faded too much and I gave up and came indoors.

So………………no points for guessing where I’m off to now , hope to be back later with more photos.
Isn’t it nice to be back in the garden?



15 Comments
Add a Comment
   

forgetmenot525 wrote on Mar 6, '11
nemo4sun said
the house down from the one i grew up in had a cherry tree

it attracted birds from everywhere

:)
funny you saying that, my daughter said exact same thing today, she said I'll be lucky to get the cherries before the birds do.

forgetmenot525 wrote on Mar 6, '11
veryfrank said
Strawberry jars are a chore to plant.
they certainly are. This is a plastic one that needs to be assembled and then filled with compost and then planted. I actually assembled it twice.............first time I made it upside down and all the little 'pots' on the side were facing downwards .........not amused having to do it all over again. I planted the strawberries today, there are holes for 36 plants but I only had about 25 so need to buy more.

forgetmenot525 wrote on Mar 6, '11
we are dancin' in the dirt.
dancing in the dirt...........love it :-)

forgetmenot525 wrote on Mar 6, '11
Heart-warming to see a gardening blog
thankd Vero, heartwarming to be doing them again... :-)

forgetmenot525 wrote on Mar 6, '11
mitchylr said
How did your day in the garden go then? Did you get anything done or were you ambushed by the neighbours again?
good day..............just getting cleaned up and getting some photos sorted out. The neighbours stayed indoors today but I was visited by a daughter, much as I love her it interrupted my day by taking a 2 hr slice out of the middle. thanks for asking :-)

mitchylr wrote on Mar 6, '11
How did your day in the garden go then? Did you get anything done or were you ambushed by the neighbours again?

nemo4sun wrote on Mar 6, '11, edited on Mar 6, '11
the house down from the one i grew up in had a cherry tree

it attracted birds from everywhere

:)

acousticeagle wrote on Mar 6, '11
Definitely a 'get busy' time for you. I grew veges in my plot and now at the beginning of Autumn in Aussie, I'm winding it all down. I learned from my mistakes this season past and will do better next year.

I hope your new tree and plantings go super well.

veryfrank wrote on Mar 6, '11
Glad to hear that you can get back to gardening, we are still a month away from planting outdoors.

Strawberry jars are a chore to plant. I have four, each having 12 openings, and may pass them on to the younger generation this year.

msowens1 wrote on Mar 6, '11
sounds like you need a few days off during the week to catch up on everything! glad you back to gardening and loving it all! ;-)

bennett1 wrote on Mar 6, '11
Gardening is so good for the soul!!!! I am glad you are back to gardening and that your plants do well and are - well - fruitful.

greenwytch wrote on Mar 6, '11
i am very happy that you are getting out to scratch the Gardener's Itch once again. telling you to have fun would be somewhat rhetorical, eh? at this time of the year, folks like us are not dancin' in the streets. we are dancin' in the dirt.

; D

mitchylr wrote on Mar 6, '11
Yes, Spring is definately sprunging!! There's been warm sunny days all week down here in Wales. Of course, as soon as the weekend arrived, it clouded over again. Typical!! Good luck with the fruit-growing.

veroniquemariquita wrote on Mar 6, '11
Heart-warming to see a gardening blog. (After a balmy night of rain here , it's snowing!) waaaa! Days are definitely showing more light though and most of my early perennials are sporting new growth.
Did I tell you I met another "Loretta"? She's a new member of my garden club. Just my age too!

brendainmad wrote on Mar 6, '11
I'm happy for you, Loretta. Hope to see some photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment