Wednesday 22 August 2012

July18, 2009, Multiply, After the rain the fences need painting




After the rain, more fences to paint.

Yesterday I could not finish painting my fences because it started to rain, and rain, and rain, and rain…………………….

There had been a slight problem with the bath-pond, I had not sealed the overflow outlet properly and consequently, I needed to empty some water out and do some resealing. The good thing is…………..the rain helped fill it back up again.
I noticed my neighbours lawn yesterday…………..it is beautiful, absolutely covered in bright yellow dandelions, I just had to get a photo before she cuts her grass and gets rid of them. I know this is not what a lawn should look like but I think it is lovely, very pretty.
The rain stopped a few hours ago and I guess it could be dry enough for me to start painting fences again. All that rain has filled the bath-pond to the top AND the water is fantastically clear.
If I look at the fences I managed to paint yesterday I realise what a difference it makes, they are looking good.
But turn around and look at what needs doing and you can see why I must leave here and get back out into the garden…….NOW!!!

13 Comments
Add a Comment
   

acousticeagle wrote on Jul 19, '09
why I must leave here and get back out into the garden…….NOW!!!
and I ditto that thought! The first signs of the approaching spring are making their presence felt here in Tas, and I realise I have just too much gardening work ahead. But first things first, one major project to finish before any more projects.

The blue fence has a very contempo look, very fresh.

perfectlyhuman wrote on Jul 18, '09
That looks soooo cool!

msowens1 wrote on Jul 18, '09
I love the blue fences! awesome!

brendainmad wrote on Jul 18, '09
Your bathtub looks great! I love seeing dandelions in the spring grass here too.

mildepiphany wrote on Jul 18, '09
That's looks great - love the blue. Could not get away with that here - likely to violate some sort of rule - home owners association just not open to blue. Thinking about putting in some very interesting bamboo accents however.

seanymph3 wrote on Jul 18, '09
I never would have thought to paint a fence blue. But it looks good. So colorful and you dont see too many blue plants. This way you have that color in the garden and it almost looks like something is blooming. :)

lrrpslady wrote on Jul 18, '09
The blue is awesome and the rest of your yard/garden is just wonderful. You've made a haven for yourself. I see you did get your chimenea, so glad for you. Hope you get the rest of your fences painted and have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

kathyinozarks wrote on Jul 18, '09
I love the color! looking great and homey too

kvnwheeler wrote on Jul 18, '09
Looking good Loretta, I prefer a wild flower meadow to a lawn anyways, are you planning on putting a couple of goldfish in your bath

starfishred wrote on Jul 18, '09
love the color

veryfrank wrote on Jul 18, '09
Coming along very nicely.

greenwytch wrote on Jul 18, '09
LOL.....what a wonderful space you've created. have fun!

akunakumara wrote on Jul 18, '09
What a wonderful bright cheery place to enjoy..........

No comments:

Post a Comment