Tuesday 21 August 2012

Jult14, 2009, Multiply, Another pond and my pondplants



The Pond (this one is not mine!!!)

I couldn’t wait to go check my pond this morning but…………..it still looks like mud. It has rained over night which raised the water level a little and I added another two buckets of tap water. I will keep checking and keep hoping it clears, not much else I can do really. BUT; I have been looking on the internet at pictures of bath tub ponds, and now that I look, they ALL  seem a bit muddy. Which is why I included the picture at the top, to show how other bathtub ponds do tend to be a bit murky looking.  Maybe it’s OK for my pond to be murky. Yesterday I forgot to say which plants I had planted so here is the list.

Buttomus Umbellatus (pink flowers)

Cotula Coronopifolia (yellow flowers)

Houttuynia Cordata  (white flowers)

Acorus Calamus (like bulrushes)

 And last but not least some water forgetmenots, or Myosotis palustris for the waters edge.
I can't wait for next year when the plants to will grown and I can go find some tadpoles.

10 Comments
Add a Comment
   

forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 19, '09
thanks, remember this one is not actually mine, but these are the plants I used.

hipppy wrote on Aug 19, '09
Awesome!

pestep55 wrote on Jul 14, '09
So is that something like what your will look like ? It looks very nice /:-)

djdx wrote on Jul 14, '09
A fun project.

mitchylr wrote on Jul 14, '09
That's a nice selection of plants. I've never had a pond, bath-tub or otherwise, so can't make any useful comments on 'murkiness'.

kvnwheeler wrote on Jul 14, '09
A natural outdoor pond wil probably always maintain a certain murkiness but the actual mud will settle to the bottom and the little creppy crawlies will make their home there, your choice of plants looks nice, can't wait to see it in all its glory, but patience, patience.

bennett1 wrote on Jul 14, '09
Mosquitos are the reason my Tom discourages a backyard pond. But frogs or ducks will eat the larvae. The pond above looks lovely and I am sure yours will too.

starfishred wrote on Jul 14, '09
nice plants how do the mosquitos like it?

greenwytch wrote on Jul 14, '09
pretty plants!

brendainmad wrote on Jul 14, '09
My sister has a pond that even has a fountain and it's always murky-looking too. The turtles like it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment