Wednesday 22 August 2012

Feb 17, 2010, The Yogurt Maker



The yogurt maker arrived, its very simple, not sure why but I was expecting something far more complicated than this. Apparently all I need do is put a couple of teaspoons of live fresh yogurt into the glass containers, top up with sterilised milk and plug in. It doesn't have a timer, you just plug in, switch on and time it, then switch it off. It doesn't seem to be a very exact science, the instructions read 'between 8-9 hours if the milk is from the fridge, between 6-7 hours if the milk is pre-heated and then cooled. Think I'm going to wait until the weekend to try this out. I bought a timer for it and I'm sure once I've figured out how long it takes I'll be able to go away and leave it; but I think I'll be around the first time its in use. I'm looking forward to this, home made yogurt sounds wonderfully wholesome.
7 Comments
Add a Comment
   

mitchylr wrote on Feb 18, '10
Seems hi-tech isn't always necessarily the best.

brendainmad wrote on Feb 18, '10
I've had one of these for over 20 years. Yes,they are simple and make nice yogurt.

djdx wrote on Feb 18, '10
Yogurt making is simple, although things can be less than optimal at times. We have an old set that consists of ceramic mugs and a double aluminum container which one fills with boiling water to keep everything warm, generally overnight. The commercial yogurts add powdered milk and other stuff to get them thicker. Lukewarm mis best to start so that the culture is awake but not killed, like yeast. What I like best about homemade yogurt is the little line of cream that forms on top. :-)

msowens1 wrote on Feb 17, '10
so cool..... what a great treat maker! we'll be looking forward to hearing your concocted flavors! coffee and carmel are great flavors..... ;-)

greenwytch wrote on Feb 17, '10
congrats. i'll take some triple chocolate yogurt, please. ; D

nemo4sun wrote on Feb 17, '10
yum

:)

bennett1 wrote on Feb 17, '10
Oh you will so love it! And you'll be able to add all kinds of things: honey, fruits, herbs, whatever you want. Ever have honey mint yogurt? To die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment